Happy New Year to you all.
It is that time… when people make new year’s resolutions and now a week into 2016, often find their original enthusiasm already waning. It is often quoted that many people get gym membership for the new year but only manage one or two visits in January before stopping.
I have set myself some resolutions and goals for Didi Lou Crafts for 2016, including:
- Book more effective fairs – By “effective”, I do mean profitable which is hard to predict, but I can use the lessons learnt in the last 5 months to help me make more informed choices about which fairs to book. Already I have one booked for January and am in the process of booking others.
- Consider more expensive fairs – higher risk can bring higher rewards, but requires a lot more stock. There are 3 in particular I am considering for this year, one in autumn and the other two close to Christmas.
- Increase the stock range – Didi Lou Crafts started with small items last year, the most expensive being £15. This year that will be extended to stock slightly more expensive items. I also plan to do a wider range of items, introducing ladies hand painted silk items, wooden fridge magnets, some kitchen items and perhaps some painted china this year. Also, if Didi Lou Crafts is going to attend some of those bigger fairs, there needs to be a lot more stock. Last year the average number of items I took to each fair was 250, but that will not be enough for those big 2 day fairs.
- Start using Instagram and Twitter more for networking and marketing
- Post seasonal items on Etsy in a more timely manner
- Get up to 200 listings on Etsy – I hit 100 items on Etsy on 30th December, 2015, so 200 by the end of 2016 is definitely possible. To be honest, not being able to get to 200 due to sales would be a lovely way to not reach this goal. Here’s hoping (and marketing and networking).
So keeping all that in mind, the kitchen pot holder (see above) and the “Love Heart” fridge magnet cards for Valentine’s Day (see right) are new items completed in the last week. Do check them out at the Didi Lou Crafts Etsy shop.Follow Didi Lou Crafts